Thursday, July 12, 2007

Whine and moan

So I haven't updated the blog in ages. My excuses are varied but mainly it is laziness. This trip is really getting long and tiresome.

It is getting harder to find good computers to download the photos off my Ipod. Believe it or not, the more 'Westernized' you get the less sophisticated computer facilities are available. And more costly. This is due to everyone having broadband at home. So internet cafes become less necessary. Without question the best computers I've used this whole trip were in Sarajevo and the coast of Croatia. Everywhere else has these terrible 'dumb' terminals with bad or no USB connectivity.

Another problem I'm having is with my camera. The old Canon is giving me an error 99 which is driving me insane. Especially since it gave me troubles on the most incredible part of the trip - the Fjords in Norway. 17-85mm lens, can't use it below 24mm.

So here is where we've been since Portugal.

London, England
Brussels, Belgium
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Berlin, Germany
Copenhagen, Denmark
Olso, Bergen and the Fjords, Norway
and now off (today) to Stockholm, Sweden

If anyone out there (Bill, Shawn, Dipa, Katie) -camera people- have ever had this error 99 problem I'd appreciate suggestions.

Ray