Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Update - We are currently in Bosnia (Sarajevo). Dodging bullet holes. I'm about a week behind on the blog and will get Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia up soon.

Ljubljana is pronounced Loob-li-ahna and we pronounced it lub-jub for most of our trip until we finally arrived. Slovenia is an "Eastern European" country but wants nothing to do with that name. Former Yugoslavian, but really more connected with Austria.


Lots of art and always looking to beautify and already spotless city. Great city, but not a lot of the 'greatness' of many of their neighboring countries. Check this shot out, the bottom is a photo of a reflection of a photo of a reflection of a building.



I'm not really that amused with these guys. Blokes from the UK come down to these countries to party and then make asses of themselves. Quote from moron, "A country has really made it when guys from the UK come down in dresses." Later we saw guys in full drag who apparently come down for stag parties.



These honeys were totally macking on me. The one checking me out later asked for the 411 and I gave her my digits. You can see that the three ladies are showing a little leg. Much to the consternation of the more respectable gal on the end.


This is John our friend on the train to the coast (Piran). His reaction to us Americans was priceless. (Two thumbs up) "America Good, America Good!" He is from Kosovo and just couldn't be happier with us. The Serbs pretty much beat up on every one of their neighbors when Yugoslavia broke up. He showed us photos of his kids, I drew my occupation (antennas) and he drew his (brick layer, I think, or maybe really bad architect).