Sunday, May 20, 2007

Piran, Slovenia

So we are hanging out in Ljubljana and thinking let's head down to Croatia. BUT WAIT! Piran has a ship museum!! So immediately we jumped in our personal train.

Turns out I had been here before with my mom and dad. My only recollection is hating the long bus ride and then being really dissappointed with the rocky beach. I still hate buses and yes the beach is still covered in rocks.



Here she is, Slovenia only has about 15 miles of coastline, but they've got a ship museum. And that is all that matters to me!


Check out the cool drawing on the rocks here. Seems like a young impressionist painting of a 6 wheeled cubist car. I just had to take the photo to make the little kid who drew it famous. Oh and I wasn't wearing any pants when I took this shot.


Wow we really lucked out on this one. We grabbed two tickets for an overnight ferry from Rijeka to Hvar island. We never realized we'd be taking the LOVE BOAT! Isaac the bartender, Captain Stubing, Gopher - the whole gang was there!