Monday, June 04, 2007

Salzburg and Innsbruck, Austria

One night in Salzburg and two in Innsbruck. The world is starting to become very expensive. If the cost of accomodation is an indicator, 3-4 times as expensive.

The view from the train. Tiny little farms with luscious green pasture and enormous mountains as a backdrop.



The town in Salzburg is full of endearing shots like this one.



After sharpening his sythe he put on a black robe and started mowing the grass. Took him hours to get the edging just right.



All towns have to have a castle and king. Salzburg is no exception. I really need to get one of these.



My father always said that when I open my mouth my face disappears. I never realized that it wasn't a joke. I look like some kind of Japanese animated character.


The famed ski jump at Innsbruck (1976 and 1984 Winter Olypics). It's a long way down and if you look just past the green at the bottom of the jump there is a cemetery.



I'm out of things to say. Austria was very nice. But after the culture shock of former Yugoslavia and further east, it was kind of boring. (Sorry Governor Arnold)